- Shipping charge ₹ 90 for entire order
- Crinum lilies (Crinum spp.) are large, heat and moisture loving plants, producing an abundant array of showy flowers in summer.
- This crinum typically blooms in July, with slender-petaled, fragrant white flower that is highlighted with long, wine red stamens. They are unusual, looking like nothing else in the garden. Crinum leaves are basal, typically long and strap-shaped.
Planting And Care
- Protect from winter wet
- Generally disease and pest free
- In fall before the first frost, dig dry and store bulbs for winter in a cool, frost-free location in a medium such as peat or vermiculite that is given minimal moisture
Crinum Lily Care
- Plant 10 cm deep in any moderately fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Bulbs should not sit in water, the soil should drain well
- Plant the large bulbs in full sun or filtered light in early spring
- Each bulb needs to be planted right side up
- The more pointed end is considered the top
- Plant each bulb in a hole that is just deep enough that its neck is protruding from the soil and the bottom of the bulb is covered in soil
- Covering the entire bulb with soil and planting too deep discourages flowering
- Space bulbs at least 8 inches apart and water the planting site or container well after planting